Pages

South Bend Home Loan

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Your Credit Score - and Introduction to FICO and Credit Scoring

I love to read.  Fiction, non-fiction, magazines, cereal boxes, it doesn't matter.  If it's in writing, I want to read it. 

My FAVORITE type of books, though, are business books.  I have a passion for my work, and anything that can help me improve and give a better experience to my clients thrills me.

So...while on vacation last week I read a captivating book entitled "Your Credit Score - How to Improve the 3-Digit Number that Shapes your Financial Future".  I've had a working knowledge of credit scores, the FICO Score in particular, for years, but this book took my credit score knowledge to a whole new level. 

What we need to realize is that our credit score impacts many areas of your life, from interest rates to insurance premiums, from housing to employment options.  Because of this, understanding how FICO and credit scoring works can make a huge difference in the quality of our lives.

Plan on seeing future blogs here about credit scores in general and and how your credit score can be improved.  For today, though, let me share some credit score and FICO basics.  Attached is a link to a video I made about FICO earlier this year.  It provides a nice background to understand what credit scoring is and how it can impact your mortgage options.  Enjoy!

0 comments: