Pages

South Bend Home Loan

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

30% Credit Declines - YIKES


Last Friday, I took an off-site planning day to work on some of the proactive things that make business and life better.  One of my goals was to conduct a thorough review of the referrals I received in 2012 to see where my business is coming from and where it’s going.
I’ve gotta say - the ‘where it’s going’ part was surprising.  I hadn’t realized it, but 30% of the buyers who were referred to me last year were not able to get a mortgage due to credit issues. 
WOW.  30%.  Clearly credit challenges are a bigger roadblock than I’d realized.  Given that, you're going to see more of a focus on credit scoring and credit repair in my educational efforts. 
My YouTube channel now has a playlist dedicated entirely to those topics: Credit Scoring & Credit Repair.  It contains two videos added today that talk about the first steps of credit repair - Knowing Your Rights and Filing a Dispute.  More will come as I continue researching this topic and carving out time to record what I’ve learned. 
For now, feel free to enjoy the first video in the Credit Repair series and – better yet – feel free to share it!  It’s becoming clearer to me that many, many people in our community need this information.

0 comments: