Pages

South Bend Home Loan

Friday, January 10, 2014

Why I Love Single Female Home Buyers

My home buyers come in all ages and stages, and I get enjoyment from all of them, but I have to admit that I probably like working with the single female home buyers the best.

Why do I love them so much?  In my experience, I've found that single women:
  • Have done their math.  The ladies who are ready to take the step into home ownership on their own have typically thought the process through thoroughly.  They have studied their personal budget in depth before they ever meet with me, and they aren't going to buy beyond what they can comfortably afford.
  • Are comfortable with asking questions.  If they don't know something, these ladies don't feel like they need to pretend that they do.  They ask.  If it doesn't make sense the first time, they ask again and again if needed until they feel that they truly understand the information.
  • Share the emotion of the purchase.  Single female home buyers are often excited, nervous, hopeful, and terrified - sometimes all at once.  They feel these things, they're not embarrassed by it, and they bring me in on the experience with them.
  • Want to learn.  I'm a teacher at heart, and my single female buyers often are the best students a teacher could have.  They care about the subject matter and invest the time in listening and learning all that they can.
  • Have no patience for being talked down to.  If a Realtor, home inspector, insurance agent or mortgage lender treats them like they aren't equipped to buy a home because of their age or gender (or both), they're done.  No punches will be thrown, but no sales will be made either.  I love that.
A recent study found that single women buying homes currently outnumbers single men buying homes two to one.  Many causes are attributed to this - better educations, higher paying jobs, etc.   Regardless of the 'why' behind it, I love that single women and becoming more interested in owning homes of their own.

If you are a single woman considering a home purchase or you have one in your circle of family and friends, I want to help.  The solo female buyer can feel confident that they will get respect, education, and a sharing of the excitement from me as they embark on this exciting step.

So....come on ladies!  Let's buy some real estate :-).


Lori Hiscock is a Sr. Loan Officer at Ruoff Home Mortgage‘s South Bend office.  One of Michiana’s top mortgage loan officers, Lori started her lending career in 1995 after obtaining her bachelor’s degree in Finance from Western Michigan University.  You can connect with Lori Hiscock or apply online here.

0 comments: